Forum - Missing content & Blank Posts

News will be posted here
UKIkarus
Site Admin

Forum - Missing content & Blank Posts

Post by UKIkarus » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:43 am

Hi Folks,

Kyle has recently decided to move the webserver over to a new more powerful VPS to try and get things running smoother for everyone, everything went fine with the transfer except for the PHP version being slightly too new, the PHPBB version currently available is not re-written for the latest syntax changes of PHP 7.0+ and as such is having issues displaying properly.

As I don't yet have access to this server myself, we are waiting on those who have configured it to make the changes hopefully later tonight :) the content is not lost, it is simply having issues displaying it, you can quote the original message as a workaround if necessary to see the content until this has been resolved.

neal
Site Admin

Re: Forum - Missing content & Blank Posts

Post by neal » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:26 pm

Just updating everyone on this --- I'm working on it! hang tight.

UKIkarus
Site Admin

Post by UKIkarus » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:08 am

Will try and tackle this over the weekend, thanks for sorting access Neal :)

UKIkarus
Site Admin

Post by UKIkarus » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:44 pm

Forum is now up-to-date and should be working correctly, as always they have made a few changes to the style which may take some getting used to but hopefully you'll all manage :)

If you have any suggestions please send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help.

UKIkarus
Site Admin

Post by UKIkarus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:58 am

I'll see if I can find any styles in brown, in the meantime feel free to have a look yourself.
We are now running 3.2.0, while I'm capable of modifying the originals to adapt them accordingly, it has proved difficult to upgrade in the past due to too many changes to the original styles.

If we can find one that's based on prosilver code vs custom built from scratch that would likely be more compatible with future updates ;)

Ternaldius

Post by Ternaldius » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:42 am

UKIkarus wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:58 am
I'll see if I can find any styles in brown, in the meantime feel free to have a look yourself.
We are now running 3.2.0, while I'm capable of modifying the originals to adapt them accordingly, it has proved difficult to upgrade in the past due to too many changes to the original styles.

If we can find one that's based on prosilver code vs custom built from scratch that would likely be more compatible with future updates ;)
This: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/dvgfx/

Could we make the background a bit browner though?

By the way, is there any hope of getting back the KL logo?

UKIkarus
Site Admin

Post by UKIkarus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:58 pm

Ternaldius wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:42 am
UKIkarus wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:58 am

This: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/dvgfx/

Could we make the background a bit browner though?

By the way, is there any hope of getting back the KL logo?
I'm sure we can get the logo back :) I'll have a look into it soon, bit busy tonight I'm afraid.
Also that link is not for PHPBB 3.2.0 and thus won't work.