Original Compositions

Every other kind of music discussion that does not belong to the other forums, comes here
Ternaldius

Re: Original Compositions

Post by Ternaldius » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:14 pm

Magnus2552 wrote:
Ternaldius wrote:Guyz I needz yo opiniones! PLZ!
I like it. Though the ending part (the part before the complete ending chord arpeggio) had a bit too "much", for being considered "November Snow". Personally I refer soft music to snow.
But it was a nice piece and also had a nice chord progression (though sometimes hitting the exact same chord pattern multiple times in a row, instead of alternating the notes inside the chord or even adding a bit of dissonant notes was a bit boring).
But again, in overall it is a nice improv. I would like it if you post some more improvs;)
Thanks! Regarding the title I just chose it quickly, so it was basically just a working title. I agree about the chord progressions, I need to get better at that, though keeping a somewhat decent melody while coming up with chords on the spot is a bit hard. But this was kinda rushed too, so thanks. Next time I'll have one that's more structured.
I do any transcription for some money. Get in touch at [email protected]

David Lopez

Post by David Lopez » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:18 pm

This is a WIP of mine. Thinking about doing a video discussing certain aspects of writing, producing, etc. So give it a listen and tell me what you think or ask questions about what I use, how I wrote certain things, or things about music production!
Last edited by David Lopez on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

David Lopez

Post by David Lopez » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:45 am

Hey guys I hope all is well,

I just released another original composition to my Soundcloud! Just something to have there while I work on bigger projects! Please check it out!

I wrote, recorded/programmed, mixed, and mastered this track

David Lopez

Post by David Lopez » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:22 am

Back with another one after a few months. I started writing this right after I saw La La Land! This song was the most challenging thing I've done in both composition and production, and I tried to squeeze every drop I could out of the tools I had available to me, at least to my current skill set. I had to study a lot about realism in performance in attempts to make it sound authentic, and the mixing was a nightmare with the amount of tracks that went into this song! Of course, my weaknesses will shine, but I know I can only continue to improve so I better get back to making some more music!